Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Applesauce!


My mom has a couple apple trees in her backyard, and this year we decided to use those apples for applesauce-lots and lots of delicious spiced applesauce.

 I peel, core, and slice the apples (with help, as you can see), then put them in my slow cooker. I add a quart of water, 1 t cinnamon, 1 t ginger, and 1/2 t cardamom then let it cook until the apples are perfectly soft. I then put them through a food mill ($1 garage sale purchase-awesome), add 1/2 c sugar and 1/4 c lemon juice, heat to a boil, then can it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!