Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pony Gal Made it to 7!

All sarcasm aside, I can't believe my 2# 13 oz babe is now the beautiful, budding young lady that she is. She continues to amaze me (and frustrate me) every day and I know we are blessed beyond what we know to have her. These are a few of the photos I shot in between keeping chaos to a minimum-birthdays are definitely not when I get a lot of photos. There is just too much going on.




(We made the cupcakes using our usual vanilla bean basic cake recipe, but added raspberry and vanilla flavor to try to replicate something like cotton candy, which is what was requested. The frosting was Smitten Kitchen's Swiss Buttercream frosting, which is always worth the work involved. The butterflies I made by piping the wing shapes onto wax paper using a baggie and almond bark, then adding colored sugar and letting the set up. I got the idea from some cupcakes I had seen in a Family Fun magazine article a year or two ago. The other cupcakes had little gummy "caterpillars" we had picked up on clearance at Wal Mart a while back-I was thinking ahead :)  )


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!