Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tortilla Cream Cheese Roll Ups

A fast, yummy lunch or snack around here....and easy for the kids to join in on making. This recipe, like the chicken one I recently posted, is also a make-it-fit-you kind of recipe. I pulled out the veggies that sounded good, added some seasoning-in this case dry ranch dressing mix- and went with it. If I had it on hand, cooked, diced chicken or diced ham would have also been good, or some dried beef or crab meat. This time was an all veggie sort of day.
Put 8 ounces of softened cream cheese in your bowl...
Add your seasoning-around a 1/4 c ranch dressing mix, in this case.
Add and mix in your veggies and/or meat. You can personalize a lot here, if you want more substance, add more veg and meat, if you like it more cheesy, add fewer. We went with fresh cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers and onions this day. Dice them pretty fine so they don't bunch up your roll ups. I even shredded the carrots.
Spread on a tortilla, roll up, cut and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!