Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Living Room Glimpse

We are waiting on our new couch, ordered custom made from an Amish furniture store in Southern Iowa. We were tired of messing with the stuff you can get at your average furniture store and decided we wanted something made of solid wood (not particle board or plywood) and beautiful, that could be potentially handed down to our children. Hoping it gets here before Pony Gal's birthday, as there are few places to sit in the living room right now. I am still in the process of hanging pictures, too. In the pic is a shot of our curb-picked leather wing back recliner. I love, love, love it. Someone paid a lot of money for it, and I am glad we found it. So comfy with the perfect amount of aging to the leather. You can't see the antique rocking chair in the other corner. Once the room is complete, I will take a tour of pictures for you all. In the meantime, we are making progress! I think once we're back from vacation things will be closer to getting done. We need a break, for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!