Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Last Week...

We got our new Sleep Number Bed:


Went to run some errands and ran into a car show:



Finally experienced garlic scapes (my hardneck garlic never "scaped" last year and this was my first year planting a softneck variety. YUM!):

Finally found a use for that extra long, extra wide hallway in the basement and a permanent, proper home for my ever growing book collection (putting in the shelves will be a several day task, though, since the home stores keep running out of materials):

Me at 6 months. I made this skirt using a combination of tutorials- Here for the tiered skirt formula and Here to adapt it to a maternity skirt (though the band can easily be folded down for use at non-preggo times). Fabric is a clearance buy from Hancocks and the top knit is old stuff I had kept of Grandma Vivian's:

I plan on making several more of these as they are, by far, along with a pair of gaucho pants with a similar style band I picked up at a garage sale, the most comfortable maternity items I own for the lower half. Think I'll do the A-line version today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!