Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Something (sort of) New

I am working on revamping my recipe collection, to make it easier for us to meal plan and decide what to eat each night. In doing this, I will be typing up a lot of my chicken-scratches, and putting them in something easier to use, plus making gifts of tried and true recipes in collections (always a welcomed wedding gift!) easier to do, as I will have everything typed up on the computer. Part of what I am doing is putting things together as meals. I have sides I love. I have main dishes. I have a disease where I tend to forget about the sides and we end up with a fast salad or chips and salsa. Not bad, but especially in a season full of fabulous veggies, knowing what sides I can use makes things easier. I will start to post what we had, in full meal form, complete with recipes and (hopefully) pictures, as I go. I tonight's recipe typed up, but I haven't taken any pictures (since I haven't made it). So, look for it tomorrow, then expect a hiatus, already, as we'll be out of town for a couple nights. Back again on Monday, though!

1 comment:

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!