Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, September 17, 2010

Birthday Socks

My birthday socks, that is. No, my birthday wasn't recent. No, these aren't early. I am terribly, terribly late is taking a picture of the super comfy socks my closest girlfriend, Sarah, knit for me last December. So, Sarah, here they are! I love them. I keep thinking I am going to start another pair, for myself, but I have giant feet, and knitting socks is fun until your foot measures more an average woman's. Then it gets tedious, and you dread finishing, no matter how much you love knitting, because you are ready to move on to another project. I have sock yarn from Knit Picks I ordered last January, I think, just waiting for motivation. Maybe a birthday gift to myself this year...

1 comment:

  1. Abby, those looks super comfy!! I will be definately reconsidering buying some next time I see them! they look way different than the ones that aren't ON a foot in pictures. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!