Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, September 17, 2010

New Sites in the Reading List

I am always on the hunt for worthy reading to put in my Reading List. This is the list of blogs I peruse on the internet, and yes, I read them all, though not necessarily everyday. I check what has been updated to see what piques my interest an go from there. I take out those that no longer seem to line up with where I am at any given time. I love my list, and it is frequently updated. That being said, I recently found a couple of goodies I wanted to point out for you mothers and ladies out there (though they are great for dads and gentlemen, too!): Raising Homemakers and Like A Warm Cup of Coffee. I stumbled upon them on another homeschooling site I read, and I have loved them so far. They are written from a Christian perspective and shoot for ideals I like to practice in my home. Now, do not take Raising Homemakers as just bringing girls up to be homebodies-rather they write about being girls up to be strong in the Lord, but also to know how to preserve lost arts in doing so. You can still work outside the home, if necessary, but you are aware of your priorities, and willing to make necessary sacrifices for them. That is important, and being lost at an alarming pace in modern society. I just wanted to point them out. They have been great reading since I stumbled upon them and I can't wait to keep reading them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!