Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Single Serve

I usually try not to buy single serving portions of food. It seems wasteful, so I go bulk and repackage when I get home. But I have been so busy between sorting out Grandpa H affairs (and hopefully never having to worry about that again) and farm stuff that I just haven't had time. I also have issues as of late because the summer house has smaller kitchen amenities than upstairs. Yesterday at Costco I came upon single serve organic chocolate milk-no refrigeration needed. Normally I would eschew this, but with a fridge the size of a 32 in TV, I am hurting for room. So I got them. I am feeling guilty, and yet relieved. We also picked up Annie's snack crackers and carrots in single serve packets. My argument is that once we are back upstairs and I have my fall/winter time back I will go back to the repackage approach. In the meantime, I was a little excited to find organic items at Costco that I was never able to find at Sam's Club. We will most likely do most our grocery shopping out there, and just fill in at HyVee as needed.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to give yourself a break. Don't feel guilty, just be kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Costco! & those "milk boxes" are great!!! No refridgeration required!! Great for in the truck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think God needs us to burdened and carry a load when we just don't have the time. Praise God for those handy Annie's snack packs, lol!! So much fun reading your site! By the way, It's time I make the switch from Sam's to Costco!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!