Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Attempt number four hundred thirty four

Okay, maybe not that many, but I seriously need to get the wedding weight off. What, you haven't heard of wedding weight? Breastfeeding pretty much melted off the baby weight. I was back to my previous size within a couple months after Superboy's birth. That is not my ideal size, though. I was closer to that prior to Dad. I met him, we get married and a year later I hardly recognize myself. I know I can whittle down to what I would like to be at. I like to use an eating approach I should really follow all the time, anyway. That is a combination of the Maker's Diet, Nourishing Traditions and Mercola's No-Grain approach. They all make sense and pretty much compliment each other. And are fairly easy to use. My issue is with sweets and bread. Once the weight is down, they are not an issue. What I do eat of them is pretty minimal, but just enough to keep me from my goal. I have decided to try another approach, using a smoothie that contains good stuff, and only berries and stevia for sweeteners, as berries are generally okay in the beginning "cleansing" portions of the food regimens. Dad has noticed a lot of acid reflux here lately, and I am hoping he will join me. The smoothie will replace my breakfast, and any time I crave ice cream (like when its 100 flippin' degrees outside with a heat index of just don't do it). That can push breakfast food, which is easy for me, to lunch time (scrambled eggs with sausage or bacon. I know pork is eschewed in most of the above meal plans, but, um, yum. I am working on finding good beef substitutes.) Then dinner is easy-I can eat big meat salads, which I really enjoy. So, we'll see. I think the hardest thing lately has just been the heat and eating a lot of ice cream out to combat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!