Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Works in Progress


It seems with late fall and winter, my fingers become ever so busy with my crochet work. When I started crocheting I was kind of disappointed with the way it looked,but as I have gotten (at least a little) better, found better yarn, and better patterns, as well as learned how to fix the patterns I do find, I really love it. Here are my wristers that I started yesterday. I managed to finish one, and just in trying it on, know I will love them. I should have the other done by the end of the week. Then on to a new pair of longies for Asher with some yummy yarn from Hedge Apple Farm, that I picked up at Prairie Land Herbs yesterday. I really shouldn't be allowed in yarn stores or stores that carry any, anymore. Very bad. I just can't control my pocketbook.The yarn for the wristers is a sock yarn I picked up at Charity's Yarns in Altoona at her Thanksgiving sale (which was AWESOME). I really like the way the lighter yarn and smaller hook ends up looking. I think there will be enough to put together some socks for me with what is left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!