Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 14, 2008

Crochet vs knitting

I bought a book the other day on how to teach yourself to knit. I went through, and think I pretty much was getting the hang of it. I love the way knit things look when you are done. But, as it turns out, I don't like to knit. My wrists hurt sooo bad. So, I will stick with my crocheting. I think I will probably look into a Tunisian stitch, though, as it looks a lot like knitting. I will have to track down some hooks and instructions, though. In the meantime, I love to crochet, and continue to try new things all the time. I am in the process of looking for ideas for next year's Christmas gifts. Crochet comes together a lot faster than knitting, from my experience, so far, but it still takes a while to finish some projects. And I like to collect yarn during the year. My fiber stash is starting to look like my fabric stash;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!