Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 14, 2008

Eew

So, I noticed about a week ago that there was an odd vinegar smell coming from the freezer/storage room in the basement. I wrote it off as I spilled something getting in there while getting baby clothes out for a friend. Today I went down to grab the last chicken from last year's butcher to have for dinner tonight only to open the door of my father in law's freezer and find, ug. Well, let's just say I am surprised the vultures were not circling the house. Somehow the freezer door was either left open or the thing has shot craps. I shut it up tight in hopes it all may freeze again to make it easier to clean out, then will go about doing so. We only lost that one chicken and a couple boxes of pot stickers. Grandpa H, who was not coming back home anyway, lost quite a bit, and it made a big mess. We were going to clean it out and shut it off anyway with him here no longer, but in a little less messy manner. He had two very large bags of frozen blackberries that thawed and have made a puddle in the bottom of the thing. Luckily it all seems to be contained in the freezer, and not on the floor, but I so was not up for any huge gross cleaning tasks beyond the huge cleaning tasks he had already left me downstairs. Because I do not already have enough to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!