Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Meme

I swiped this from Sarah...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags left over from last year, newspaper and fabric bags from remnants picked up wherever I see it.



2. Real tree or Artificial? I love real trees. I don't feel comfortable with one with Superboy around, and we don't have the money to buy a tree every year. So, fake, pre lit, bought on sale and I also, love mine, Sarah. I hate stringing Christmas lights.



3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after T-Day. Saturday night this year.



4. When do you take the tree down? When I finally get the oomph to do so, usually well into January. My hubby nags if it goes too much longer than that.



5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, yes I do.



6. Favorite gift received as a child? It was a vtech kids computer thing my parents gave me that had all kinds of learning games on it. I played with that thing forever. And had outsmarted it pretty darn quickly.



7. Hardest person to buy for? Brother in law and nephews



8. Easiest person to buy for? Pony Gal and Superboy.



9. Do you have a nativity scene? I do not. I think we used to, but I rampaged through all the Christmas ornaments, many of which were hand me downs and got rid of a bunch of stuff. I want the Willowtree one, though. I love it. But not the price.



10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Up until this year we mailed out cards, with pictures and letters every year. So many people comment on loving receiving that letter. So apparently, I will be making some enemies this year. With money at a premium, I can't justify doing so. I am going to post a Christmas update on our family website that I haven't touched in ages, and let people know its there, as well as pictures for family, but otherwise, I think my mailing days are over.



11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A used handtowel and potholder from a lady I used to do respite for.



12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas in Connecticut has grown on me, as it is a favorite of my mother in law's. I also love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, though, and though it isn't an actual Christmas movie, Love Actually is up there as well.



13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see something that someone will like. I didn't realize how much I had already picked up for the kids, and most of everyone else is getting homemade stuff this year.



14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep. If I don't like it, but someone else might, it gets sent their way. Cheap? Yes. Remorse? Nope.



15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade caramels. Note to self: Make the homemade caramels early this year. Oh, and oyster stew. Yum....



16. Lights on the tree? Yes they are built in.



17. Favorite Christmas song? Let It Snow and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I love just about all Christmas music, and especially when sung by oldies but goodies like the rat pack and Bing Crosby.



18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Our family's is at our house on Christmas Eve, while Christmas morning is at my mom's and afternoon/evening is with Dad's family.



19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph.So I can, but I also could have just left Sarah's answers assuming she had them all;)



20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star Dad and I bought when we were first married.



21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve so the craziness Christmas day is reduced.



22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I hate people when they are shopping for Christmas stuff. They are obnoxious and it’s always crowded and people are so rude and mean and it makes me have a bad mood and then I am rude and mean. <--Ditto, and all the propaganda for crap. Hello? Your kids do NOT NEED all that stuff!



23. What theme or color are you using? It used to be tans and golds and creams, now it is homemade, old-fashioned Christmas with strung popcorn, cranberries and dried oranges and apples on the tree, homemade stockings and simplicity.



24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Just a big dinner with family, though our own family's is a big ole pot of oyster stew with lots of appetizers.



25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new tattoo ( I have already been told that it won't happen, but we'll see about that...), wood crochet hooks, yummy yarn,peace and quiet and a CLEAN HOUSE THAT I DIDN'T CLEAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!