Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Can't get a break

So, I have managed to accidentally kill off a good portion of the newest chicks we had (which resulted in my reordering), Papa H is at least temporarily in a nursing home and my grandfather fell the day before yesterday, resulting in his now being in the ICU.
Then, my mom called this morning to say she felt the need to get up at 2 am and then again at 5 am and pray for my kids. So I am on high alert-freak-out mode, have tons of farm work to get done, but pretty much am paranoid about what leaving Pony Gal alone, or using the mower or just driving somewhere may entail. Nice. And, I can't get over it. My mommy instincts kick in so hard I just end up staying home, inside all day. I might get housework caught up, but as for work, not so much. My mom did say she would come over tonight so I can get some done (she was over last night as well), so hopefully that will help.
Oh, and my back has hurt so badly that I can barely pick Superboy up. The chiro really isn't helping any. I think we are going to be taking out a loan to purchase a bed (I hate borrowing money) because apparently Dad's back has been killing him as well, and we hadn't had issues until we switched to a king mattress, which we traded my mom for. I need to be able to pick my kids up and work. So, more money out the window. This on top of $400 for brakes for the van (and we get free labor and parts at cost because of hubby), $300 for braking system for jeep/trailer for vacation, $200 for drive shaft for jeep. And they both need fluid changes. Grrrr.

2 comments:

  1. man, doesn't it seem sometimes that when it rains, it pours? Is your grandfather local?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is local-they live just down the road in Hartford. My mom has had to transport my grandma back and forth because my uncle has had to use her truck to get to work. And to add to the pouring, I got stung by a bee yesterday. And I'm allergic-not deadly, but enough that I can't walk on the foot comfortably now. Geesh.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!