Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, June 28, 2008

So where in the world is Carmen SanDie..

..err, Momma?
Still here. Papa H is still in the hospital. We are currently looking at moving him to assisted care until he completes from rehab from his illness and rib injuries.
In the meantime, I run to the hospital frequently, while still trying to maintain some sort of sanity at the house, and run a business. Fu-un.
We are doing well, though. The kids and I have had an awesome week that has involved new haircut and color for me (I needed some help de-frumpifying. Thanks to Jen at Sahar's Jordan Creek Salon), friends galore as we made the farm drop off on Thursday we got to play with Wally and Sarah, Friday we made jam, and Pony Gal and a friend got covered with mud from head to toe exploring the world of a chicken while we moms watched on and talked (and talked, and talked), and today I had a mini workshop for farm members on baby food. Only one member showed up, but Jen, I totally enjoyed the morning! We talked quite a lot and she got to see the farm for the first time. I hope I didn't yammer too much.
I wasn't sure how I would conduct the workshop, but was pretty laid back since it was only her and me. I tend to drift back and forth when I get on the subject of food and nutrition. I am passionate about it. I love to talk about it. I know a lot about it. It sometimes makes me hard to follow, I think, but I just want to let people know what I know so they can improve their situations. As I have mentioned before, even if I weren't paid to do this, I think I still would, because I can make a positive impact on others' lives. Plus, seeing two adorable little girls in mud puddles while chatting with iced teas in hand makes anything worth doing. Or knowing that a family is eating super healthy and that possibly you are aiding in a child avoiding serious illness as an adult simply through mom and dad insisting on whole, chemical free foods instead of falling prey to convenience and packaging.
I also enjoyed the jam making as I got to spend a little time with my mother in law who came out to aid. She had never made jam or canned much so was excited at the invitation, and a wonderful helper. I used to do it all the time, but it gets difficult to do when there are kids involved. Timing is very important in food storage, and when you have to run here or there to aid or feed, then you run the risk of ruining the whole shebang.
Anyhow, doing well. Someday I will post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!