Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, May 12, 2008

Urban Mining, Part Deux



I forgot that I also wanted to mention to those who curse us as we travel up and down your street-not all of us are rude. My dh and I make an honest effort to be as courteous as possible. There are those who rip open trash bags all over lawns and such. Not us. I get upset when I see it. Or parking in the middle of the road to peruse a pile, so no one can get through. Also not us.
And, just because we enjoy other people's junk does not make us lower class citizens. We live in a larger home than a lot of people in our situation. I have had more schooling than a lot of people out there. We have the money-we just choose to use it only when we have to. We saw someone driving a *NEW* Cadillac Escalade and pulling a trailer behind looking while we were. This is not in anyway related to the money we make. It is about attitude.

(above is the gate I have been wanting to block off the back deck for the scoundrels, er, dogs in the neighborhood...free!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!