Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, January 21, 2008

Diaper Love

The longer I have Superboy in cloth diapers, the more I wish I had known more about cloth diapering when I first had Pony Gal. It would have made life easier, and I think I may have been able to bypass some of the depression issues I had because I would have met some of the wonderful friends I know have, then. I cannot speak too highly of natural parenting. I LOVE it. I had wanted to do something along those lines when I was planning on having Pony Gal, but chaos tends to skew even the best laid plans. So, this is all spurred by a recent purchase from my favorite natural living store, Wallypop. Sarah had some t-shirt diapers on there that I hadn't thought much of. I thought I was an all in one person. But, I bought one of her t-shirt diapers (fitted's that you have to put covers over) and I love it. It is so soft and cute. I can't wait for garage sale season so I can recycle some of the cute t-shirts I come across. I think, since Wallypop's business seems to be doing rather well, and I have other items I want to purchase from there, I am going to have to whip out the diaper pattern again and start sewing some of my own fitted's. If I had known about the covers now available (I used the plastic pull up style pants with Pony Gal) I would have gone mostly with fitteds anyhow, saving aio's for my husband and family to use (for ease). The Wallypop and other covers Wallypop sells are great-much easier and cleaner to deal with than the pull up style. So, am I advertising for WP-no-just excited about my newest purchases. Most wahms have great products. I just happen to love buying locally and supporting others who are like minded, so I stick with WP. I recommend the cloth diapering route to any mamas out there, though. It really is easy to do once you get the hang of the clean to dirty ratio. If you are local and are interested, Sarah also does parties to demonstrate, kind of like Tupperware parties, where you learn and can buy if you wish. There is also a diaper service in the Big City area now, Diaper Dudee, if you would rather not deal with washing. There is my soapbox for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!