Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Food Thoughts

I was reading one of my Christmas gifts from my husband today-a book by the original CSA farm owner in the US. I was struck by her information on just how far gone our food system is in this country. Did you know that our country imports the MAJORITY of our food, and that our state makes almost none of its own food. We are one of the biggest ag states in the country, and we ship in our food, including fresh produce, from other states. How does this make sense? It is to the point that major food crises are forecasted if the small family farmer is not better supported (hence the push for CSA type setups). Crazy, crazy. More on this when Superboy isn't hungry;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!