Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Storm

After such a hot, dry summer-a genuine drought-any rain is welcomed. I rather love storms, though, and feel blessed to have seen the last few God has given to replenish the horribly arid land. I will take split tomatoes aplenty, if it means we get some regular precipitation again. It was a lovely storm this past Wednesday when I got these photos. The big kids were in the basement playing while G and I stayed upstairs while she napped. 70 mile an hour winds, the threat for hail, and loads of rain is just my favorite storm to munch cookies and drink hot tea to. I sat facing the back door and took it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!