Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Stalker

I tell folks all the time about our fox problem. They seem surprised that we have foxes around, and even more so that we see them in action. We see this particular fellow (or lady) a lot on this very perch, stalking our chickens from afar. From his post, here atop this round bale, about a half a mile up hill from our house, he can see the whole yard. This is why our ladies are no longer free range-we went from 24 ladies to 10 ladies in short order in the spring, when we thought he had moved on. Silly woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!