Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, July 13, 2012

Musical Baby

Music has some rank in our house. Dad and I both play, and when Pony Gal was little, I played gigs at local coffee houses regularly. Kids made it more and more difficult, and it has been awhile. That doesn't mean no music at home, though, and our guitar collection seems to grow regularly. We have noticed Lovely G has a particular attraction to music and the guitars. Yesterday, Superboy was playing with his guitar, when Lovely G noticed and went directly to her guitar, which was in my bedroom where I keep it near my sewing machine. She likes to play with it while I sew. She started playing and next thing you know, all the kids were playing there together. It was beautiful :)
Later, once Dad was home, he had his guitar out after dinner, and she was instantly drawn to him again, standing at his feet while he played.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!