Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Middle Eastern food night

This was dessert last week, baklava made using Pioneer Woman's recipe. It was delicious, and we had plenty so I was able to freeze some for last minute dessert later. Like usual, though, I can't leave the recipe as is, so I used a combination of walnuts, pecans and sesame seeds and added 1 t of almond extract instead of the 2 t of vanilla. So, so delicious but terribly rich.
This is the za'atar pizza or flatbread. It was pretty much the best loved part of the meal, and will become a staple in our house as it is also super easy. We used a za'atar blend from a local Middle Eastern grocery, and mixed it with olive oil, sesame seeds and salt. Smear all that on flattened pieces of Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day basic boule and bake at 450 for about 10 minutes. Fast and super delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!