Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Welcome to the World, Adrastea

Our last birth on the farm this year was from Cassidy-a pretty little (4.7#) girl we named Adrastea and call Addie. Cass had and no matter what we tried, has no interest in her, so Cass is getting milked and Addie is another adoptee for Pony Gal. Everyone is doing well, nearly a week later. I think Addie is the farm favorite at this point, and I hope an excellent addition to our milking crew. In a few weeks I hope to be able to start having enough milk to use for ourselves. I need to put together a rig to separate the boys from Dawnae overnight so we can milk her in the morning for our use. I was really hoping Cass would take to her babe, as that would make vacation plans that much easier-no milking for anyone, just checking food and water levels. Oh well. This is all a learning experience, even for the sheep and goats, so we just keep taking it one step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!