Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Homeschooling on the farm

This isn't going to be some long, poetic post on how fabulous homeschooling on the farm is or how we're wonders at the art of learning or anything of that sort. In fact, it is simply a post to tell you we're changing things up a bit. I have a lot of maintain out here. I do most of it, my husband works in town. There is the possibility for a very, very large change on the horizon, one we are praying diligently for guidance on, as it will change the way we do things big time. (No, I'm not pregnant. I think. Did you hear something? Nope.) That being so, I (and really I am always analyzing and re-analyzing this) am trying to look at the whats and hows of our everyday life and see where we can be more efficient and organized. I thrive on efficient and organized, as do most kids. Even being very eclectic in our homeschooling approach, we still have routine and structure. Living life this way when kids are little helps to teach them how to be responsible, productive adults later, something some parents overlook. I cannot tell you how many folks I've met who don't know how to even go about structuring their day. Wow. That's another post, though. Here, I am trying to get to the point where I tell you that I am reintegrating the blog I set up specifically for documenting our homeschool progress or journey or whatever you want to call it, into this blog, so both you and I have one stop. The more I looked at the different blogs I read, the more I appreciated those that are eclectic (I love eclectic, ask my husband. Eclectic, but organized. Cozy.) all in one place. I love the blogs in my list, but some get tedious in having to jump from this blog to the other in order to read what's up. I will be inserting a tab at the top there so our supervising teacher can easily see what's up, but otherwise I will be posting here and I promise to try to make it more interesting than I was letting things be on the dedicated blog. Honestly, at this point, school revolves around violin lessons and practice, art class, crafts at home, learning about responsibilities/manners/expectations/morals/values/Biblical principles, reading/writing/arithmetic and lots of reading together. We try to go out for field trips of different sorts, as well.
That's all I really needed to say. Things are going well. Pony Gal loves her school work and time, and Superboy loves to get involved, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!