Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spiced Pumpkin Seeds


I loooove roasted pumpkin seeds. I mean, I love pumpkin, too, and being someone who dislikes wasting anything, roasting the seed just makes sense. What few people realize is that they can also roast the seeds from any winter squash, as well. Acorn, hubbard, spaghetti...you name it. Which is completely awesome in my book, because they are such a great, nutritious, easy snack.
I have several recipes for the roasted seeds. This is the one I made today and I love it. Sweet, salty, spicy....perfect for a movie, or sitting with hot cocoa in front of the fire place, and the perfect recipe to welcome in fall!

Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 t stevia, or 5T sugar (I am following a fairly sugar restricted diet right now, so stevia is what is in use right now)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t ground cumin
1/4 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t fresh grated ginger
pinch cayenne
1 1/2 t coconut oil (heat just a bit to liquify it)
1 c pumpkin or squash seeds, washed and patted dry

Mix it all in a bowl and spread on a cookie sheet in one layer. Bake in a 250 degree oven for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!