Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 19, 2010

Making Things Last

I often forget to post my crafty and thrifty endeavors, but believe me there is no shortage of them. It just comes as second nature so my brain does not register "blog this." My husband laughs at the many things he finds pictures of on the camera when I do remember..."Why did we need a picture of your breakfast smoothie?". So, this is an example of a recent instance-I'll try to remember more frequently. We all need a little inspiration.
This is a pair of Super Boy's footed pajamas-actually it may even be a pair in the on-going clothing swap we have with our dear friends The Reids. A hole developed in the knee (a common occurence in this house, trust me) and not one to just give up on something, I found one of my many fabric remnants and repaired it, to cuter than before, I would say. I often find clothes like this for dirt cheap at thrift stores and garage sales and love getting the chance to make it cuter than the original.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!