Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 1, 2010

Enterway Coat Closet Organization


If I were pregnant, I'd accuse myself of nesting. Seriously. I have let my OCD take over the last couple weeks, and slowly but surely, all the organizing I have wanted to accomplish for the last *years* of late I have been doing. There is still a lot to do, but in little spurts I am getting there, and I must say each little bit I get done makes keeping the house up, and including the kids in doing so, that much easier. I also put up (not pictured here, I did a couple days later) color coded hooks for Superboy and Pony Gal to hang up their coats on the door, which they can reach themselves.
This is the coat closet cleanup. I used the command hooks so I didn't put in holes in the door, cleaned through the hats, gloves, shoes, coats and all and put in the Goodwill pile what we don't use, plus whittled everyone's collection down to two or three sets of everything, putting priority on those items which were handmade. Dad still needs to sort through his shoes, but otherwise things look good. The top shelf of the closet (which I forgot to take a picture of) is reserved for items that need to go home with someone else, and I have a little shelf in there for holding work gloves (of which we cannot have too many) and reusable shopping bags. I could just stand and look at each of my organizing projects for hours. I love them *that* much. Yes, I know I have a problem, but it works to my advantage, you know? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!