Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 5, 2010

Fresh Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson

 I am currently reading this book- only a little each day, more devotional style, than actual in depth reading. The book is about refreshing our lives and our relationship with Christ. There are some great passages so far, that if nothing else, simply remind us to be a player in the life God has made for us. That being said, this passage resonated this morning as I read it.I concur completely; there have been so many times that I have prayed this prayer when I didn't know what else to ask for in a difficult situation, but I always ask for peace with His decision at the same time, as what He has planned isn't always going to be easy:

Jesus prayed, "Not My will, but Thine be done." That's the most terrifying prayer in all of Scripture. God asks some very hard things of us. He asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac; He let Lazarus die before Jesus raised him from the dead; He did not spare His own Son. God wastes nothing. Not our joys, not our sorrows--nothing. When we offer Him the whole-bean essence of ourselves and we submit to be finely ground, it will produce character in us. He knows the fragrance that comes from surrender. He knows firsthand the return from the grain of wheat that falls to the ground and dies.

And yes, I am reading a Christian based book that is written with gads and gads of coffee related terms. I am *that* in love with my coffee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!