Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, August 14, 2009

Pink Oxheart Tomato



I think this is a plant someone gave to me or I bought on clearance. I am not sure of the specific variety, but I know I am not thrilled with the flavor. It may get better once the heat kicks up some, but for now, I am reserving these for canning. Cooking tends to help the flavor of tomatoes some. My favorites are yet to come-most are still green. Once they pop, I will be in heaven. I will post a pic of them once they are in. As for now, a pink oxheart, the first variety, save the Mexican Cocktail Cherry Tomatoes, which are the size fo peas, so they generally win the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!