Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, August 14, 2009

Hungarian Hot Wax Pepper


I actually don't like the flavor of these. I wouldn't grow them, save for Papa H who loved them. Unfortunately he wasn't able to stick around to enjoy this year's harvest, so I will most likely freeze a little for use in spicy stews, and barter off the rest. I tried pickling them and wasn't thrilled with the results. What better thing to barter off than what we won't eat anyway, though? These peppers are by far some of the most prolific I have ever grown, and never fail to produce, even though pepper plants and I rarely get along well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!