Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, May 4, 2009

Tough Decisions

Unfortunately running a farm takes a lot of time. Being a *good* parent takes a lot of time. Homeschooling takes time to be attentive. Everything takes so-much-time. That being said, Dad and I have been talking and it sounds like my 1962 Ford Falcon Station Wagon may be getting sold. I love it. I love station wagons in general and would adore owning a Dodge Magnum with a manual transmission in it, but the money isn't there. It isn't there for my Falcon either, as well as any time to do anything with it, or the storage space to justify it sticking around. That isn't to say I won't have another one someday-because I will. It will just most likely come when Dad gets his 1967 Chevy II-after Papa H passes away. We'll just buy one that is in great condition instead of starting from scratch. In the meantime, I am a little sad, but well too understanding of the fact that we just don't have time. Same problem with my coffeehouse music career (or lack thereof), running an actual CSA instead of a farm stand, and my being president someday ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!