Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Neighbors

Since moving out here, we have not been too terribly impressed with the neighbors we have had. Most have been only borderline friendly, some downright glares have been passed. There have been several houses for sale on and off, and late last year we were lucky enough to get some new neighbors in a house just about 1/4 of a mile from us. The "new guys" are wonderful, as it turns out. We have only had chances to cross paths briefly as everything with Harold was going down when they moved in, but we did exchange Christmas cards and in doing so, they ended up with my website, and have been doing some snooping. As it turns out, they are incredibly excited to have us as neighbors as they are looking for the full farm experience. I am terribly excited to have such great neighbors near by. I am looking forward to talking to them more, but last night they cruised by and caught us outside planting trees. We were able to talk for a while about them planting their first garden and the fact the biggest fans of my farm products-produce, eggs, bread-will just next door. I am hoping to get actual signs for out here soon, and to update the farm websiteto reflect our new status as a farm stand as opposed to a csa. I also need to list new products, extras like bread and possibly some foraged goods. All this came forth in talking with Jim and Cynthia last night. It really makes me feel better to know we are not totally alienated out here in the midst of so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!