Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Finally saying no...

Well, at least to those things which I deem not as important. We are really feeling the strain of being gone all the time, and with Spring being one of our busiest seasons, it really is imperative that we start to stay home. So, there are several things that will suffer, like cutting our current chiropractic schedule back to once a week, whereas I have been going three times a week, which really helps, but it is just too much time in the car and in town. We have also had to cut out park day with our favorite homeschooling group. We will absolutely go when we have time, but we are just too busy. Tuesdays are a standing playdate that rotates between our house and theirs, and I can't live without that one. Mamas need friends and that is a good one. And Fridays are garage saling and hiking with my sister, and possibly friends, and with my frugal mentality skipping deals on future clothing for the kids and the possibility of cheap household, sewing, canning, you name it, that would just be silly. So, we are at home. And I love it. I missed it so much. Yesterday was a foray away from home, but for a noble reason, and one which I would leave for everytime. Its very different than hubby forgot his lunch. Again. (Though he did not today-I got up with him to ensure that.)For those of you out there who are used to seeing my regularly, fear not, we are not in trouble. We still love you. We just run a farm, one that is in a constant state of change and growth and that takes supervision to be done right. So, you can come see us here, but I may be running circles around you!

2 comments:

  1. I need to get your address sometime. I'm going to try to head that way sometime this month. ;o) We love chickens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to thank you for your help yesterday. You are an amazing friend and I am blessed to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!