Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Nears

I cannot tell you how nice the weather made our house yesterday. The kids played outside, which left me with time to actually do a couplt house chores. I walked down to take care of my birds and dog in flip flops. The ladies have increased laying to around 6 eggs/day, with evidence of the younger hens starting to lay as well, we picniced at unschool Park Day with friends we had not seen in a while, as well as new ones, we got home with sun burns, and the kids were all zonked, the way kids should be. Granted I was, too, and so making dinner didn't sound fun, but I planned ahead and only had to assemble the green chicken enchiladas and throw them in the oven. Our few boxes of girl scout cookies were delivered, so dessert was taken care of. I wasn't happy with the consistencies of my luncheon breads-but in general the kids were too engulfed in soaking up sunshine to eat. I was able to sell the eggs of the season, which felt great! Even though the weather is supposed to get cooler, it will still be warmer than the last few weeks, and that is better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!