Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dilemma

I am not sure if I signed up for something or if someone sent my name, but I got an email application for the Valley Junction Farmer's Market yesterday. And I would LOVE to do it. The problem is, after the last couple seasons we have had, there had been some serious damage to the soil structure in the gardens. I just don't know how things will be this year. And we are shifting our focus to be more self-sufficient-which was an original goal that was lost when family things started going crazy and the csa started to suffer. So, as much as I would love to be a part of that community, I just don't feel like I can commit. I know that the possibility will still be there in the future-I just get so excited about these sorts of things and it is hard to S-L-O-W down and take it one thing at a time. I keep forgetting that I have baby goats coming on board, a slew of chickens I am raising for people and enough dedicated customers who are willing to buy out of the back of my van when I am in town that I really don't NEED the market space. But it would be fun:) And I do think it will be something we look into in the future. Andrew left it up to me, and said he would support me either way, but I knew he was relieved when I talked myself out of it. In the meantime, I will be sending out a preliminary email for those who care to be notified of what produce is available every week, and will soon start one for eggs as well, so post or email me if you want included!

2 comments:

  1. i am interested in the eggs. let me know where & how often. i am assuming that these are from your chickens and that means local and as organic as you can get! i have been wanting to find someone that would have extra eggs. it would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for knowing your current limits and sticking to them. If you're like me saying "no" to any opportunity is hard to do.
    If you need a market "fix" this summer, you are welcome to spend a Sat. AM with us downtown.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!