Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Today I am 27. My husband tells me I am old (older than him, maybe). We went out to eat with my family on Saturday night and I got some awesome stuff. I admit I am not very good at receiving gifts. I am always excited with what I get, but I hate that people spend as much on me as they do. My husband bought me new cowboy boots, which I have wanted for a while. I wore army style boots all through high school, but have gradually moved over to something a little more feminine. I love them. My mom got me a new purse, which was totally unexpected. I had mentioned I really liked one where I got the boots, but so would not spend the amount of money it was for one. But mom thought I needed one. My sisters got me some awesome stuff (that they made) as well as bro and his gf. We went out for Thai at one of my fave spots and was nice just hanging out with them. Now, today, the actual day, I get to perform the usual duties. Fun.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday!!! Hope it was a happy day of feeding chickens and kids. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!