Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 17, 2008

Ouch!

I had just poured myself a cup of hot tea last night, and was sitting on the couch waiting for it to cool when I jumped up to catch Asher before he rolled off the couch. That caused the cup to tip, spilling all over my leg which in turn burned it very badly. C-section recovery, even after the drugs wear off is no comparison to burn pain. It instantly tore the skin off when I pulled my long johns down and it has all blistered up in places today. And still hurts. Not as much as last night, though. I am usually pretty pain tolerant, and I was in tears. It is a huge area on my outer thigh, so I will be wearing skirts and sweats for awhile. I was already having a crappy day after the puke pyrotechnics the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!