Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 10, 2008

Moving On

We have been slowly trying to figure just how low we can go on the thermostat before it is too cold to function without being grumpy. That is how our day started-grumpy. Now, overnight isn't too bad as with three of us in bed, and Pony Gal sufficiently bundled, we can slip down to 62 (though with as long as our house is we know that our bedroom is cooler). I thought we could do 65 or so during the day, but I wasn't paying attention when I set the thermostat and it was 62 about mid-morning-which was too cool. Superboy was grumpy, Pony Gal was obnoxious and I was chilled. I threw on the fireplace and cranked up the heat. It is looking like 66 may be our magic daytime number. So far, everyone is happy. I managed to get the hallway painting finished, which I feel great about. Pony Gal and Superboy have been playing well.
On another topic, the TV situation is still an issue. We get channels 8 and 13. Now, I would be fine with two channels-but they need to be 8 and 11. So, the hubby is off to try another setup. We have a giant antenna in the attic, which he will try to rotate a bit this evening. We know we can get all channels if he stands out in the yard with a multi directional dish style antenna. But, I kind of like him in the house, and I am kind of picky about defacing the front of my house, even if we do live the country. He won't attach anything to the roof, so we have some dilemmas. Hopefully the multi-directional will work in the attic and he split the signal so we can get at least channel 11 added to the lineup. Otherwise, I am not sure what we will do. It's not that we can't live without TV, it's the timing. Winter is inside time and we do rely on some daytime and evening vegetating in order to relax.

1 comment:

  1. We experimented last year with temperature. At night it gets down to 56 (yes, freezing, but there are four of us in bed). Daytime is set at 67. The kids don't seem to mind, but I've been freezing. My body was spoiled those few days it was in the 60s and 70s.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!