Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Papa H Woes

Friday morning I got to call an ambulance for Papa H. His bag dialysis was not working. Apparently the dialysis center had fiddle faddled around with getting him scheduled to start hemodialysis again, since the bag was not working, and this nearly put him into septic shock, as his body was way out of whack. We got to the hospital and his blood sugar was over 1000-and we had been doing his insulin injections like he should. His bp was over 200/120 and he had been puking nastiness for days. I was in emergency waiting for 12 hours as they assessed, and finally moved him to the ICU. His nurse today was about worthless as far as information, but, from what I could tell, he will be there a couple days, then in a normal room at the hospital for several more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!