Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Clumsy, clumsy

My family knows all too well that I am a klutz. About two days ago I was running out the back door because I heard something in the chickens-as it turned out the neighbor's dog was running around with one of our ducks in his mouth. I yelled he dropped it, but not before I tripped and fell through the back sliding screen door. I ruined the door and as it turns out also injured myself pretty badly. At first I thought I was having some stomach issues, but now can tell I have bruised something. It hurts. Bad. I can barely do most my household activities without being on the verge of tears. I can't sit up for very long, lying down feels the best. The chiro is going to look at things tomorrow. I am hoping the pain doesn't last very long as I am finally getting a lot of the garden stuff in. I am having to work the ground by hand as it is way too wet to get the tiller through. That only adds to my soreness. I can't let things go any longer or my season will be totally thrown off like last year. I still can't believe how hard I fell, though, and the residuals from it. Ugg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!