Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sloppy Goodness

So I don't know points on this yet-when I figure them out I will post them. In the meantime, I love making sloppy joe's this way. I can inject fiber into the meal that wouldn't normally be eaten since so many people have an aversion to beans. Manwich in a can-never used it, never will.
Here's our recipe...
Momma's Sloppy Joes
1# extra lean ground beef
1 small can vegetarian baked beans
various seasonings, like garlic chile sauce, tabasco, salt, fresh ground pepper, cumin, onion, garlic, ketchup, mustard-experiment

Basically brown the beef, add the beans, smash 'em up good so you can't see any beans, add your choice of seasonings (love the garlic chile) and voila! Healthy Joes for your Joes and Joettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!