Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 15, 2008

Smell the Newness

So, I have managed to fry yet ANOTHER computer. Hard drives beware. I don't know what it is, but I manage to go through them. I was convinced (actually still am) it is the computer company's fault. The first two incidents involved my husband's Dell. We fried that one after a few years. So, we installed a new drive, and not one year later, it was gone also. So enter my laptop, an Averatec. I had it exactly one year and guess what. It fried. We will replace the drive at some point, but in the meantime Dad had been eying an HP. The slimline with a big flat panel and wireless mouse, as well as a Bose surround on it. Can you feel the manliness, lol? So we got one. I was wary of having to get a new computer because I had heard hit and miss reviews of the Microsoft suite, but I like it. In fact, I have pretty thoroughly enjoyed it. It has a lot of things I thought XP was missing. It also came with hookups so we could take the tv out of our room and hook dish straight up to it. Niiiice. With the bose surround. Technology-drunk face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!