Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 15, 2008

Neglect

So, every time I pass the computer I feel a little guilty because I just have not been blogging as much as I would like. I love to write, I just find my time being eaten by babies, farm planning, preschool, and house work. I love those things, too, though, so it just comes down to priorities. It kind of relates to some issues I had with a friend a while back. They were so upset with me because I wasn't corresponding with them as much as they would have liked, but I just found a totally change in priorities with Pony Gal's birth. I think this was especially true due to the very traumatic nature of her birth and the depression that ensued afterward. I think unless you have gone through something like that, it can be difficult to see why some people get so secluded, engulfed in protecting their family. I see the difference even more so with Superboy's birth because, even though I was overly careful with visitors and going out when he first came home, I am much more laid back simply because there wasn't that fear of losing him before I ever got him. I just value my time at home, and really everything God has blessed me with more now that I can see through His eyes what it is like to be a parent, and in seeing so, am more inclined to let things slide that don't seem to rank as highly. That being said, I will try try try to be more diligent in writing. There are things going on here. Life is never boring with kids int eh house-but that in itself is the reason I have so much trouble just getting to the keyboard. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!