Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, October 22, 2007

King Sized

In most things I do in life, I avoid king sized anything. Especially food. But, in loving co-sleeping and just barely being able to fit Pony Gal in with Dad and I, and having Number Two on the way, we found we probably needed a bigger bed. At this point in the pregnancy I had been waiting until Pony Gal fell asleep then moving her to a sleeping bag beside our bed because there just wasn't enough room. My mom had bought a king size bed for a spare bedroom at her house about a year ago, but was finding it was too big. So, since neither set was too old, we decided to switch. What a difference! Now, without kids in it, it would be too big. I like to fling my legs over the side and still be able to roll over and cuddle from time to time through the night; very difficult with a king and only two not-exactly-huge people. With Pony Gal there, and soon a breastfeeding baby, though, it will be just about perfect. One of these days Pony Gal will move to her own bed-but with neither her (or mommy for that matter) showing much interest in that anytime soon, this is wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah said...

    Our King is so nice. Agreed, too big without kids. We bought ours when I was PG and we really pretty much stopped cuddling much at night, which was too bad, but we were both all sprawled out on our own sides of the bed.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!