Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, September 21, 2007

Nesting

So, I think I won't know if I go through a nesting spurt with this pregnancy. I have been obsessed with prepping the house since like 4 or 5 months along. That's a little early, I think, to be indicative of impending delivery. I think, lol. Anyway, I have been busy since then, for sure. We are trying to do some rearranging in the basement, and clearing extra clutter out of the main living area and moving it down there, trying to keep the house remotely clean in the event its that "Time", I have been freezing healthy lunch leftovers for use later when I don't feel like cooking, and made about three bags of baby food for the freezer as well. I went yesterday to the Stork Wearhouse to get a few accessories. I have come to the conclusion I am a natural living stuff addict, especially baby stuff. I bartered diapers from my friend Sarah for a farm share, and got a Klean Kanteen for Pony Gal yesterday to start to try to eliminate more plastic from our household, along with more cloth mama pads, a few diapers (still Wallypop brand, they were on clearance and I can't help the words clearance...;) ), some Babylegs-neat little inventions for keeping warm legs on half naked babies, and now mommies too!. I meant to get some Snappis so we don't have to use pins on the prefolds, which is probably what I will have to use for at least a few days until the baby starts to put on a little more weight as I think he will be a little small for the diapers I have on hand. I hate pins, and after seeing Snappis in action, they are definitely the way to go. I had Louisa, the owner, show me how they worked and everything and still managed to walk off without them. I felt like such a doofus. But, back to nesting, I have quite the list to finish off. More baby food. Bread baking and freezing. Dough making and freezing. More junk to be rid of. More rearranging. Maybe it is this weird pregnancy long nesting that has made the pregnancy go quickly. I think everyone in the house is ready to meet this guy at this point. And we have decided because I will not be induced due to my c-section, even if I go a little early, we will not let the drs stop the labor. Especially since dating my pregnancies is an even more inexact science than the regular pregnancy. So whenever it goes down, its happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!