Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Crumbs

Just thought I'd share another way we make sure to use every last bit of food for eating (rather than sending to the chickens, dogs, or sheep) around here. I have a constantly growing and disappearing pile of stale bread, biscuits, rolls, chips, and tortillas in the kitchen that we grind into bread crumbs in the food processor. Oh, crackers, too. Anything flour based that is no longer yummy eaten fresh gets crumbed and used later in meatballs, meatloaf, or for coating chicken strips. Just stored in ziploc bags and repurposed jars, I am never without a delicious, ever-changing blend of crumbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!