Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, June 8, 2012

First Hike of the Season

We headed to Grant's Nature Area, a very nearby park with some trails. Not a whole lot was up yet, but the kids got a taste of what we'll be doing a lot of this year, and learned about a couple wildflowers. They found some yellow feathers, too. I need to go through our bird guide to identify who they came from, but, despite some whining nearing the end, I think we all had fun. It will be even more so, I think, once they can forage a little and learn about wild edible plants. It was a beautiful day-perfect-not too hot or chilly.


Spring Beauty

Dutchman's Breeches

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!