Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, June 8, 2012

Chinese Barbecued Chicken Strips

This recipe was one from the Penzey's catalog that we really liked. I ended up serving ours with rice, mandarin oranges and an Asian glazed sweet potato. I will share soon what I did with the leftovers-fried rice-a favorite of mine for using leftover Asian meals. Here's the recipe:

Chinese BBQ'd Chicken
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into strips
3 T soy sauce
1 t grated fresh ginger (1/2 powdered can be subbed)
1/2 c hoisin sauce
1/2 t ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced

Mix all the ingredients together and put in the fridge to marinate, at least an hour.
Preheat the grill and grill the chicken until done, glazing with the marinade that is left in the bowl. Be sure to cook the marinade itself thoroughly, too, as it has been contaminated by chicken.

That's it....super simple and super delicious. For you homesteading types, I will look up the recipe for a home canned hoisin sauce, as I know I have seen my canning groups post one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!