Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, January 7, 2011

One Frosty Morning


A week and half or so ago, I awoke to the beauty that is winter in Iowa. 

Although certain tasks can be trying in winter weather, I still love that I get definite seasons in Iowa.

I love what each one brings, including winter. 

There is something exhilarating about snow and ice storms, and I somehow take them as personal challenges to prosper and push forward despite what they bring, like icy roads, thick mounds of snow, frigid cold and power outages. 
 I have always had way about me, aiming to prove someone, or thing, like strong winter weather, wrong that I have always enjoyed. 

Here God's creation made me stop and admire his amazing handiwork, and ever changing beauty that is the earth we all live on. 

I love living in this great country, and state, and can't imagine not waking up to beautiful winter morns such as this one was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hospitable, intelligent discussion. I do not welcome mean-spirited comments. Though they are "moderated" I post pretty much everything, with a very, very small exception-that being spam and those who aim to hurts others intentionally. I'd love hear what you have to say, otherwise!